Wednesday, April 1, 2009

011. The Skies at 7

I have been waking up real early these past few weeks to study. Usually, I will sleep right after dinner and wake up about 1 or 2 in the morning to study. However that isn’t on a daily basis, its only when I return to hit my books and notice that nothing will get into my head. But waking up early, in my opinion, and looking out of my window just to enjoy the light morning breeze is something i really savour. At exactly 6:30am sharp, the street lights just outside my window (opposite Prince George’s Park Residence) will go out all at once. Everything becomes pitch black in a blink of an eye… but that’s when the curtains go up to reveal some of the dawn goddess’ breath-taking masterpieces. 

WARNING: Beware of wild Imagination.

28th January 2009 7:32 am
IMG_3574 IMG_3575

IMG_3577
28th January marks the first time I ever tried to immortalize the fleeting moments conjured by Eos. As depicted in Greek literature, it says the goddess of dawn slowly opens the pearly gates of heaven so that Apollo could ride across the sky in his blazing chariot.

19th March 2009 6:55am
IMG_5461 
The skies were swashed with slashes of dark angry maroon when I peered out at about 7 on that particular morning. It almost looked as if it might rain in the following hours, but fortunately everything was bright and sunny.

27th March 2009 7:25am
IMG_5711-1 
On the 27th, a couple of puffy clouds made their way slowly across the sky. Eos was probably surfing the skies with her sister – the moon goddess, before resuming her duties.

30th March 2009 6:47am
IMG_5822-2 
Tinges of pink and peach slowly seep out from the sun god’s chariot, replacing the blues and blacks in the heavens with swirls of creamy white. It’s about time I headed to the dining hall to get my breakfast too.

*27th March 2009 9:42am
IMG_5576

IMG_5574 IMG_5575
It’s not 7 in the morning, but I just couldn’t resist putting it down in pixels. In the top picture (of these 3),   his chariot leaves behind trails of vanilla plumes as it sweeps out in an arc and leaves towards the west. Looks like Apollo has a streak of exquisiteness in him. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the whole purple sky. Yeah it does have the scary feeling. But it's awesome colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that.. waking up early is indeed cool. :)

    ReplyDelete